Guru Nanak Sikh Academy offers a quality learning environment in Sixth Form to ensure learners develop the skills and values to meet the demands of a changing world with confidence and integrity. We refer to our Sixth Form students as ‘Young Professionals’ as we believe that they are preparing to become the leaders of tomorrow by acquiring skills and attitude to meet the challenges of professional careers.
Our ASPIRE programme
- A – Adapt – A smooth transition in A levels
- S – Skilled– Train for skills that will shape up your character
- P – Professional – We provide opportunities to progress and meet requirements of the professional world
- I – Independent – Learn how to plan & organise independently
- R – Ready – Get ready to meet the challenges of future
- E – Enlightened – Spiritual awakening to practice equality, service to all and humility
Our young professionals are offered a structured and sophisticated academic programme encompassing 3 to 4 subjects in AS and A2. In addition we also offer professional pathways qualification entitled
- Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Science
- Level 3 National Diploma in Sports
- Leve 3 National Diploma in Business
We also offer an opportunity to complete an Extended Project Qualification and LAMDA.
Each subject has 6 lessons per week and remaining periods are allocated to independent and private study which is monitored by members of staff. Sixth Form suite is fully WiFi equipped which enables our young professionals to use their own laptops or tablets. We work with professional career advisers who visit our sixth form 3 times a year in order to provide the best advice to guide our YPs in choosing the right university course and career. Our Coaching for Learning Programme with daily mentors enables our YPs to identify the barriers and develop strategies to remove them. Central to the ethos is pastoral support through the team of Personal Tutors, all experienced and successful teachers.
We have a weekly PSHE / Motivational & Information Assembly every Wednesday, where professionals / career advisers / University representatives are invited to do talks/discussions with our young professionals. These assemblies provide them high aspirations and confidence to make some important decisions for their future. We have a strong destinations data for 2016-17 where 100% young professionals secured their places in universities or apprenticeships. Click here to see overview of our A Level results for 2016-17.
Please click here to view the Prospectus.